Monday, November 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday November 8, 2010



Week one of MPM went suprisingly well.  It really helped prevent the last minute scramble for dinner and I feel better knowing something is planned and ready for my boys while I am at work.  We did switch around a few days, I forgot to prepare the meatloaf before work so we defaulted to a pan of lasagna I had in the freezer and ended up having meatloaf on Friday and the mushroom and artichoke chicken on Saturday.  I decided to leave the weekends free because of this type of situation.  There is usually a meal  that doesn't get made for one reason or another during the week, and we might go out to eat on the weekend or have leftovers, so having only 5 meals worth of food helps prevent waste for us.

Hopefully this week will go just as well.  Here's the plan:

Monday:
Lunch- Homemade fish sticks
Dinner- Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans

Tuesday:
Lunch- Egg Salad sandwiches
Dinner- Mastaciolli, Garlic Bread, Broccoli

Wednesday:
Lunch- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Dinner- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles, Rolls

Thursday:
Lunch- Mini Cheeseburgers
Dinner- Slow Cooker Short Ribs, Risotto, Corn on the Cob

Friday:
Lunch- Chicken Fingers
Dinner- Baked Ham, Green Beans, Butternut Squash Bake

Note- I've decided to leave side dish options open for lunches so the kids get to help make food decisions.  Favorites around my house are apple slices, carrot sticks, sweet potato fries, ants on a log, and pretty much any time of fruit salad.  :)

Also, I forgot to mention last week that I'm linking up at http://www.orgjunkie.com/ where you can post your weekly menus or see other people's menus for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment